A Core Principle
One of the founding objectives of The Packet Company is to give back to the wider community, and this is something we take very seriously. From our first year of trading, the company has donated 10-15% of its pre-tax profits to a variety of charities, and is increasing this target to 25% for the current financial year. The company believes very strongly that we, as individuals and organisations, need to take positive action to address imbalances and is attempting to put this into practice. We are also looking at ways to be more practically involved, and aligning that with our network technology focus.
The Packet Company supports a number initiatives both locally and internationally. These have been chosen as part of a broader focus on tackling poverty in its various forms: emergency assistance, debt relief, and microfinance support amongst others.
We are proud to have supported many organisations over the years, including:
- AbilityNet - adapting technology to assist disabled people
- CAP - debt counselling and support in the UK
- Foodbank - emergency food assistance in the UK
- GEAR - helping homeless people
- IT Schools Africa - providing computers to rural African schools
- Lendwithcare - Microfinance initiatives globally
- Christian Aid - Africa relief work
- Care International - Nepal earthquake appeal
- Interserve - medical and microfinance assistance in Bangladesh
- Save The Children - South Sudan, Syria and Iraq crises