A Core Principle
One of the founding objectives of The Packet Company is to give back to the wider community, and this is something it takes very seriously. From its first year of trading, the company has donated 10-15% of its pre-tax profits to a variety of charities, and is increasing its target to 25% for 2015/16. The company believes very strongly that we, as individuals and organisations, need to take positive action to address imbalances, and is attempting to put this into practice. The company is also looking at ways to be more practically involved, and aligning that with its network technology focus.
The Packet Company supports a number initiatives both locally and internationally. These have been chosen as part of a broader focus on tackling poverty in its various forms: emergency assistance, debt relief, and microfinance support amongst others.
We are proud to have supported many organisations over the last 3 years, including:
- AbilityNet - adapting technology to assist disabled people
- CAP - debt counselling and support in the UK
- Foodbank - emergency food assistance in the UK
- GEAR - helping homeless people
- IT Schools Africa - providing computers to rural African schools
- Lendwithcare - Microfinance initiatives globally
- Christian Aid - Africa relief work
- Care International - Nepal earthquake appeal
- Interserve - medical and microfinance assistance in Bangladesh
- Save The Children - South Sudan and Syria and Iraq crises